Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Paradise Sukima 23

Morning at Entei. Wriggle watches as Tewi busily digs a hole in the middle of one of the paths in the mansion’s courtyard, while waiting to hear good news from Eirin, who has been treating Marisa all this time. A few minutes pass and Tewi’s hole digging is over, and the hole she made is covered perfectly, yet Wriggle continues to watch from a distance on the roof of the mansion. Reisen suddenly walks out of the clinic, calling “miss Mima, miss Nightbug. Marisa is- KYAH~!” Just like that, Reisen walks straight into the trap and falls. Tewi approaches the hole, looks down with bored eyes, then says “this is starting to get boring, you know. Give me some challenge next time.” Reisen glares back at Tewi and shouts “if you want a challenge, I’ll GIVE you one, you creepy little-“ Tewi leaves as soon as Mima and Wriggle approach the hole, and as soon as Reisen notices this, she quiets down. Wriggle and Mima extend their arms and promptly help Reisen back up, Mima asking “so, what was it about Marisa?” Reisen gasps, then excitedly says “oh that’s right. She’s regaining her consciousness.” Wriggle and Mima look at each other, then smile and gasp. Inside the clinic, Eirin aims a flashlight at Marisa’s eye, which she forcefully opens up, then casually says “well, miss witch. Welcome back. You had us pretty scared there.” Marisa starts to moan and move around, then softly asks “where am I?” Mima phases through the door, exclaiming “MARISA! You’re awake! And about time too!” As Wriggle and Reisen enter through the door, Marisa slowly opens her eyes after groaning and stretching, then asks “what? You mean I was out for a while?” Eirin coldly answers “two days. During that time, I had to revitalize you, add plenty nutrients for your body, and recover you from dehydration. It’s a miracle you’re even alive.” Marisa manages to smile and says “I’m just not ready to go, ze.” From the door enters Komachi, saying “well, if you keep that up, I’ll be coming to pick you up in no time, so please take better care of yourself. Life is too precious to just give up, and honestly, after all that, to just die would really make someone I know quite aggravated.” Marisa opens her eyes wide and exclaims “it was you! But how?” Komachi smiles and says “the second you entered that cave, Shiki-sama and I mobilized to rescue you, but after seeing miss Mima’s plan ahead in full, we decided to lend you a hand instead.” Marisa looks around, then exclaims “what about Mima-sama’s staff!?” Mima smiles and replies “calm down. She gave it back to me when we got here.” Komachi smiles, then says “lucky thing I was there too. That monster was one right nasty piece of work. He would have had you for a snack if I hadn’t cut off that creepy tail.” Marisa stares at Komachi some more, then smiles and say “I see. So I’m back to walking?” Komachi’s smile widens and says “no~! Not at all. In fact, Eiki-sama regrets she couldn’t be here to do this herself, but...” Komachi pulls out a familiar flaming orange key from her pocket, then sticks it into Marisa’s chest and softly says “with this, the seal is completely broken. However, due to its nature, you’ll have to wait just a little longer before you are at full power once again.” Komachi turns the key, making a clicking sound, then the key vanishes. Marisa gasps with surprise, then suddenly breaks a smile and hugs Komachi out of impulse. Wriggle says “miss Marisa, there’s still more.” Komachi manages to break free from Marisa’s hug, then says “well, that was unexpected, ha-hah. Well, the thing is, that vortex has gotten really powerful, and we’re afraid that even with your preparations, it might just not be enough to seal it, even with Reimu’s amulet on it... so.” Marisa looks worried toward Mima, then Wriggle, then asks “w-was Reimu here?” Mima smiles and nods, then says “she came by, but she had to leave quickly. Rika seems to be sick too.” Marisa looks down and says “oh, I see. Well, any suggestions on how I should close that gate, shini...” When Marisa and the others realize it, Komachi is long gone, then Marisa frowns and asks “so what am I supposed to do about that gate?” Before anybody can answer, Hatate flies in a hurry inside the clinic and shouts “miss Eirin! Rika-sis is waking up! The maiden said that you, like, wanted to know when she woke up.” Eirin and Reisen smile, then Eirin says “I’m sorry, miss Marisa. I need to take this house call.” Marisa smiles, nods, then says “go ahead, ze.” Outside, at the back of the Entei mansion, Komachi hangs on to the edges of the roof, and thinks “Eiki-sama, these disappearing acts are too much. I’m going to have to ask for a vacation after this.”

Meanwhile, at the Moriya Shrine, Ail and Budou help Yuki and Koishi as they finish repairing the shrine’s roof, Sanae hums contently as she sweeps the courtyard, and Suwako and Kanako cook their own breakfast with sad, narrowed eyes. Suwako whispers “just because we peeked.” Kanako whispers back “ara~ Keep quiet, or she’ll extend our punishment again.” On the roof, while Ail and Budou paint the repaired sections of the roof, Yuki and Koishi, who look bored, annoyed and tired, hammer down the last 5 pieces of the new roof tiles in place. From below, Sanae calls “Ail, Budou~! Do you want anything to drink?” Budou replies “no thanks, mama!” Ail continues “we’re fine!” Sanae happily replies “ok! Tell me if you need anything.” Yuki shouts “hey, I’m really thirsty! Could you get me some wa-“ Before she finishes her sentence, Sanae turns around and continues sweeping the floor. Yuki grumbles, then Koishi sighs and says “just drink from the lake already. But don’t drink too much. The fish do go there.” Yuki’s face turns blue as she stares at Koishi, then says “I... I’m not thirsty anymore, thanks.” A little while later, as Ail and Budou switch from tiles to paint the recently installed ones, Mima speaks inside Ail’s mind, saying “Ail, it’s Mima. Where are you?” While he continues to work, in his mind he speaks with Mima as though they stand right next to each other. He smiles and replies “I missed this link. I’m at the Moriya Shrine. Something wrong?” Mima replies “it’s Rika. She’s waking up. You need to go to the Hakurei Shrine and show her now, while she’s recovering.” Ail nods and says “sure thing, but... why is it so important to show her?” Mima scowls and says “if you don’t do this right now, she might misunderstand and attack you, and that’s not the idea.” Al nods and says “right, right. We’ll need to work together. Well, I guess I should gap there. Thanks for the warning.” Mima giggles and replies “hey Ail. Glad to have you back.” Ail smiles and replies “it’s good to be back.” Outside Ail’s mind, Ail and Budou have finished painting most of the new tiles, when Ail turns to Yuki and Koishi and says “sorry guys, but something important just came up. You’ll have to finish on your own.” Koishi smiles and says “it’s alright. You go do that, before it becomes a mess.” Ail smiles and bows, then he and Budou fly down, while Yuki stares with contempt and says “great, more work for us.” Koishi turns around with a smile, then says “at least our punishment was a lot less harsh that we thought.” Yuki shivers, then says “uu~ that pink dress was just disgusting.” On the courtyard, Budou calls “mama Sanny! Papa and I have to go to the Hakurei Shrine now.” Sanae turns around with a casual look and an ominous aura around her, then asks “oh, and why is this?” Ail sighs, but Budou answers “papa’s gotta show that girl... that.” Sanae blushes and shouts “you pervert!”, and smacks Ail on the head with her broom. Ail angrily, but gently, pushes the broom away and angrily says “Sanae, remember what we talked about.” Sanae covers her mouth and says “whoops. Sorry. I forgot.” Ail opens a gap to the Hakurei Shrine, then says “well, want to come with us?” Sanae drops her broom, smiles and says “sure thing”, then shouts “lady Moriya, lady Yasaka, I’m going with Ail and Budou to the Hakurei Shrine. Make sure those two finish the repairs. See you later~!” After saying all that, she, Ail and Budou jump into the gap and immediately, it closes up. Suwako walks out of the shrine and sits on the porch, holding on to a plate with unrecognizable burned food, then says “auu! She left already.” Kanako walks out of the shrine and stands next to Suwako, then says “yeah, she did. Just eat your food already.” Suwako stares with grimace at her plate and says “but I don’t want to die yet.” Kanako punches down hard on Suwako’s head, a vein pulsating on her fist.

Ail, Budou and Sanae arrive at the front of the Hakurei Shrine, and immediately they are greeted from behind by Yukari, who says “well, well, if it isn’t mister Ail and company. I was wondering when, exactly, were you planning on visiting me?” Ail turns around with a wicked smile and says “and I was wondering what happened to my old bed?” Yukari opens her fan to cover half of her face and replies “it’s quite comfortable. I’m not giving it back without a fight.” Ail sighs and slumps, then recovers and smiles as he says “it’s alright. I made another, so it’s ok.” Yukari suddenly walks past Ail and his friends, extending her arms with a smile and saying “Reimu~! There you are!” Ail, Sanae and Budou turn around and find Reimu behind them, being force-hugged by Yukari, screaming “get off me! You’re creeping me out!” Budou exclaims “wait, lady gramma! Let her go, or she’s going...” There is a loud blast, and Yukari’s body flies past Ail, Sanae and Budou, then lands and slides on the ground until she finally stops, groaning and saying “so violent.” Reimu looks at Ail and calmly asks “and why are you guys here?” Ail quickly replies “Mima says Rika’s about to wake up and thought is a great moment to show her.” Reimu nods, then says “ah, that’s right. Avoid unnecessary misunderstandings later.” From the sky, Hatate loudly asks “is she awake yet!?” Reimu replies “still moaning.” Eirin and Reisen fly behind Hatate, and as soon as they land, Eirin says “what are you doing, leaving my patient unattended like that! Come on, let’s go!” Before Reimu can complain, Eirin pulls on her right ear and drags her back into the shrine. While Ail and Sanae stay outside the shrine, kneeling as close as they can to each other, Yukari, Budou, Reisen and Aya stand by behind Reimu, Eirin and Hatate, as if waiting for an order. Eirin opens her medicine bag and pulls out a syringe, then injects Rika’s right arm, making Rika clench her eyes for a moment and softly moan. Reimu concernedly asks “what was that for?” Eirin pulls the needle out and says “a boost of nutrients. She’s going to need them.” Finally, after turning her head to Reimu, yet still not opening her eyes, Rika softly asks “mi-miss Reimu? Is that you? Where are we?” Reimu replies “we’re home, at the shrine. We’re waiting for you to wake up.” Rika slowly opens her eyes and asks “wake up? I’m... asleep?” For a moment, it seems as though Rika will close her eyes once more, but she suddenly opens them up and exclaims “wah~! The goddesses! Miss Reimu, those goddesses from... from...” Reimu can’t stop smiling at Rika, and when the maid looks around, she sees Eirin and Hatate smiling back as well. She asks “i-is something wrong?” Reimu jumps at Rika and hugs her neck, exclaiming “you’re alright, you mischievous little maid!” Rika flaps her wings while staring back at Reimu with confusion, then asks “miss Reimu, what’s going on?” Hatate, Reisen, and Eirin join in on the hug, making Rika smile with confusion in her eyes and comment “my, what happened?” Reimu’s happy face changes to an angry scowl as she stares back at Yukari, who forcefully joins the group hug through a gap, saying “aww, isn’t this a lovely, touching moment.” Reimu angrily asks “what the hell are you doing, Yakumo?” Yukari’s cheeks turn blue, she slowly lets go, then slowly goes back inside her gap, immediately finding out that Aya and Budou bet on how long she would stay there. Budou extends her hand and says “pay up, miss tengu.” Aya grumbles and says “that’s the last time I bet against you”, then hands Budou three 1000 yen notes.

Later, at Entei’s Clinic, Marisa jumps off the bed and readies herself to leave. Wriggle watches her for a moment and notices she’s still wobbling a bit, then asks “are you sure it’s a good idea? She said she’d come back soon.” Marisa places her hat on her head, looks at Wriggle, then says “thanks for everything, Wriggle. I really mean it.” Wriggle blushes a bit, then asks “so what exactly are you going to do now?” Marisa smiles and says “now that I got my magic back, I can finish what I meant to do the moment I stepped outside from home.” Mima phases through the door and asks “and what’s that?” Marisa stops everything and looks at the floor right under Mima, then says “it’s time I fixed this mistake of mine.” Mima looks seriously at Marisa, then says “you need to rest first! You still aren’t at full power!” Marisa nods and with a confident smile on her face, she says “I know. But I don’t think I’ll need my full power for this, ze.” Marisa, Mima and Wriggle walk out of the clinic, then Mima asks “you... aren’t waiting for Reimu to come?” Marisa hides her face by looking toward the sky and says “when I see Reimu, I want to tell her the gate is closed, and that everything is ok. Maybe then she’ll forgive me.” Mima softly asks “what if she’s already forgiven you?” Marisa stays quiet for a while, then summons her broom to her hand and mounts it. She turns her smiling face to Mima and Wriggle, then says “thanks for everything. Once all this is over, sake’s on me. See you later.” Marisa flies away back home, eager to seal the gate she so carelessly opened, while Mima floats next to Wriggle with a worried face. Wriggle looks at Mima and asks “aren’t you going with her?” Mima sighs, then says “there’s nothing I can do for her. But I think Reimu and Ail will want to know about this.” Wriggle continues to look at Mima, then says “then you better run, miss spirit. I don’t think I’d want to see miss Marisa get hurt now, after all this.” Mima nods and says “you’re right. I better run home now. See you later, little bug.” Wriggle waves at Mima as she flies away to the Hakurei Shrine, and after Mima’s out of sight, she turns to face the bamboo forest and says to herself “time to head back home now. Hope I’ll find some honey.” Meanwhile, Marisa reaches the edge of the forest and thinks “now all I have to do is get Ail the heck out of there, then seal that gate. If Yuka was right, I should have enough power already.” By now, Alice, Shanghai and Hourai fly right beside Marisa, then Alice makes Marisa jump with a yelp as she says “sorry, miss black and white. You are now under our surveillance.” Marisa looks back at Alice with surprise and exclaims “Alice! Wh-what are you up to?” Hourai giggles and says “mama’s going to help out.” Shanghai adds “so you better be very grateful to her.” Alice smiles and says “now, now. We can rub it in her face AFTER we’re done helping.” Marisa smiles back at Alice, yet she replies with an annoyed voice “gee, thanks you guys.”

Back at the Hakurei Shrine, Hatate kneels next the Rika, who kneels while looking down to the floor between her knees, as Reimu scolds her. Reimu paces left and right, raisin her voice while saying “and not only was that spell dangerous for your opponents, it was dangerous to the entire area, and worst of all, it was dangerous for yourself! What were you thinking, Rika!? Oh, and then, not ONLY did you put your life in danger with this spell, but you just HAD to risk more and overexert yourself further! Do you know how worried I was? And what about all your friends!?” Rika bows down, her forehead touching the ground as she says “I’m so sorry, miss Reimu! I was just so angry. Those goddesses needed to see their mistake and I... My lady, I’m so sorry.” Rika gasps when Reimu grabs her and pulls her upright, then gives her a tight hug and says “you idiot! Next time, think a little more! You could have run away!” Hatate interrupts, saying “er, no we couldn’t.” Reimu sighs and says “look, I know you wouldn’t use something as dangerous as that for no reason, but you still kept that spell hidden from me. I can’t forgive that.” From the table, Ail says “aww, don’t be so harsh.” Reimu smiles at Ail and says “maybe I should punish you as well?” Ail raises his hands in the air and says “I’m completely unarmed.” Sanae and Budou both stare at him with disappointed eyes, both shaking their heads lightly and face palming. Reimu turns her attention to Rika again, then says “as for your punishment, for keeping that spell hidden from me in the first place, you are NOT to have any peach pies for a month! Did I make myself clear?” Rika gasps and cups her hands together, then she keeps her head straight and looks up to Reimu with her eyes, making a sad-puppy face, her eyes turning glassy and wide, her lips trembling, then she blows a puff of air and says “ok, my lady. I’m sorry *gulp*. I-I’ll accept this punishment *sniffle*, and from now on, n-no more keeping secrets to my lady *sob*” Reimu turns around and places her hand over her mouth and nose, covering the blood trailing from her nose. Ail asks “hey, Reimu, are you alright?” Reimu nods, then says “just show Rika already. I’m done anyway.” Outside the shrine, hiding behind the donation box while listening to everything, Shinki holds her mouth and thinks “that Reimu! She can be so mean. Poor Rika!” Back inside, Rika looks at Ail with curiosity and asks “sh-show me what?” From behind Rika, inside one of her gaps, Yukari says with glee “ooh, this is going to get interesting.” Ail stands up and says “let’s go out back. I need to show you something. Though, when I do, please understand I am under control, so no attacking, alright?” Rika stares at Ail, then blinks and says “um, sure. But why would I..?” Outside, at the back of the shrine, Ail stands a few feet in front of Rika, while Reimu, Sanae, Budou, Hatate, Yukari and Aya watch from the shrine’s porch. Ail stares at Rika with a serious expression and says “well... here goes.” Rika feels nervous, thinking Ail might do something frightfully dangerous, however she stands her ground and nods, then says “g-go ahead.” Ail closes his eyes and concentrates, and his energy starts swirling around himself, turning light-red for a moment as it generates a powerful gust of wind, then everything stops. A pair of magical demonic wings the same size as Ail’s own body appear floating just inches away from Ail’s back, and when he opens his eyes, they looks like a star-filled night sky. Rika stares back with shock for a moment and is about to comment something, however she suddenly unleashes a light-blue energy that, like Ail’s, generates powerful winds as it swirls around her, then she’s suddenly in her Soraogan mode. Her eyes look like the day sky with hints of clouds flying around them, and her wings grow to match her own size, as well as her sword changes with her to a very colorful state. Ail gasps and takes one step back, but Rika doesn’t attack and just stares at herself with curiosity, then asks “what just happened here? Mister Ail, what happened to you? Miss Reimu, is this some kind of joke, or punishment? If so, I’m sorry!!” Reimu stares at them both, while Ail asks Rika “so... you don’t want to attack me or anything?” Rika looks back with confusion and asks “why would I want to do that!? You are a friend.” Ail sighs with relief, swiping the sweat off his forehead, saying “phew, that’s a relief! Mima and Sanae thought you’d attack me since you’re like an angel, and well... me...” Rika smiles, giggles, then says “just like miss Koakuma. Just because I look like this doesn’t mean a thing. Besides, all life is precious, mister Ail.” Ail smiles back at Rika, then says “I totally agree, miss Rika.” Reimu stands up and approaches the two of them, then holds her chin while staring at both from head to toes. Rika asks “my lady, is something wrong?” Reimu continues to stare at them and thinks “they are both the same, yet they are different. Yin and Yang. I see, so that’s why.” Reimu suddenly pulls out, and opens a white fan with a red dot in the middle and says “you two should get married!” Rika and Ail stare are Reimu with surprise and confusion, letting out a simultaneous “huh!?”, while on the porch, Budou, Aya and Hatate stare with surprised faces, their eyes turning white and round, while Yukari covers her face with her fan and giggles, and Sanae stares in shock. Reimu is about to explain herself, but notices Sanae’s reaction and covers her wicked smile with the fan, then says “yup. You two are made for each other!” Rika complains “but miss Reimu, I don’t think that’s prudent.” Ail adds “yeah. I mean, what are you saying there all of a sudden?” Sanae stands up, her face twisting with anger, and Reimu, after noticing this, smiles wider and walks to Sanae and says “oh, but don’t you know that opposites attract!? It’s just inevitable!” Fire rises from under Sanae’s feet, and Ail notices this and says “Re-Reimu, you should stop that, really. The joke’s over.” Rika looks a little desperate as she says “miss Reimu, please! Enough of that already!” Reimu now dances around Sanae, saying “and then they’ll have children, and they’ll buy a big house and grow old together.” Sanae screams, then starts firing pentagrams all over the place, even forcing Budou to duck and cover. Reimu laughs and laughs, then shouts “Spirit Sign, Fantasy Orb!”, striking Sanae hard with five orbs and halting her attack. After Sanae falls on the ground and calms down, Reimu giggles and says “calm down already, I was just teasing. It’s just that those two are like yin and yang, don’t you agree?” Sanae moans and nods with spinning eyes, while Ail and Rika look at each other with confusion, yet understanding what Reimu means. Hatate, Budou and Aya slowly get back up from the ground, and immediately find Yukari on the floor, blasted by various of Sanae’s pentagrams. From the side of the shrine, Mima walks to the back and says “Reimu, Ail, I think we may have a problem.” Reimu and Ail look at each other, then back at Mima with worried faces.

At Marisa’s house, Marisa and Alice head straight to the basement as soon as they arrive. When Alice looks at the hard work Marisa went through, she says “whoa. You went all out with this, didn’t you?” Marisa hides her face under her hat while inspecting the gate, feeling anxiety and aggravation swelling up inside her as she looks at the vortex, then Alice asks “what I don’t understand is, why did you do all of this, Marisa?” Marisa wants to shout back, tell her to shut up, but she calms down and says “I wanted to take Reimu away from here. She’s been through so much, and I wanted her to take a break, relax, kick back... but instead, I messed up.” Alice lowers her head, the two little girls noticing her sad face, then Hourai says “it’s no mama’s fault. That crazy ghost lady had you busy!” Shanghai adds “yes, that’s right. So don’t feel bad now.” Marisa notices the amulet Reimu placed on the top stone is burning up, and knows it’s just a matter of time before it breaks away. After inspecting the gate, she turns to Alice and says “don’t feel bad. Maybe, if you had come when I asked for your help, you would have noticed what I was doing was wrong. But even if you had warned me about it, I would have probably just chased you away.” Alice raises her head with a light smile, then says “well, it seems you have grown a bit.” Marisa tips her hat and says “experience, ze.” Marisa walks to Alice, her expression changing to that of great urgency, then says “I am going in there to get Ail back, but I don’t know if I can return as easily. Alice, I want you to wait for 1 hour, and if I am not out of there by then, call for help.” Alice nods along with the tiny girls, then Marisa turns around to walk into the vortex. From inside the gate, a giant scythe enters the room, and in a quick sweep, Marisa, Alice, Shanghai and Hourai are all forcefully pulled inside the vortex, and the moment they enter, a giant black and red dragon tries to go through the gate, but it gets stuck. She blows out a bit of fire and says “shit. Gonna have to turn into a disgusting human after all.” She glows brightly and shrinks enough to enter through, and when the glowing stops, she reveals herself as a long, red haired woman with a black stripe on the center of her head, light-blue skin and red eyes, wearing a black body suit with a long-tailed coat, and a pair of knee-high boots. She snickers and says “and now, let’s see what this pathetic world has to offer.” Inside the dark void, Marisa and Alice kneel on the dark ground, moaning as they get up. Marisa asks “you guys alright?” Shanghai and Hourai nod, and Alice asks “I’m fine, how about you?” Marisa stands up and helps Alice up, asking “I’m as good as ever. What the heck was that, though?” A tall, hooded woman, raising a large scythe above her head, laughs and says “you got off WAY too easy, little witch. My master and I are going to make sure you REALLY pay now! Nobody threatens our world and gets away with just a bad memory!” She swings her scythe, but misses, thanks to Shanghai’s magical flash, blinding the hooded woman. Marisa grabs Alice’s arm and shouts “RUN!”, and she, Alice, and the two tiny girls rush as fast as they can to the bright gate, but the hooded woman quickly catches up and jumps ahead of them, saying “I’m not gonna fail my lord again!” She swings her scythe, aiming at the girls’ necks, then there’s a loud sound of a blade brushing against another blade. Komachi stands between the hooded woman and the girls, turns a smiling face to them, then says “geez, one thing after another.” The hooded woman lifts her hood off, revealing herself to Komachi, who says “dragon shinigami, long time no see. Did you miss me?” The dragon shinigami, who is still in her human form, with her long purple hair and pointy ears, glares at Komachi, growls, then says “I won’t underestimate you again!” She raises her scythe and swings it with great speed, but Komachi easily blocks the attack and shouts “you 4, run like hell! Wait for help!” Alice is about to complain, but Marisa tips her hat and says “got it!”, then grabs Alice’s hand and pulls her out to the dragon’s paradise. Outside the gate, the guardian dragon stands tall, and with admiration, he says “well, a brave little human with her youkai friend. Welcome. Say, what are you doing here?” Marisa panics at first, while Alice and the tiny girls stand in shock, readying themselves for anything that might happen, but then Marisa calms down and says “I-I’m looking for a friend.” The guardian dragon smiles and says “oh, you mean Ail. Well, he’s already back home, miss Marisa.” Marisa opens her eyes in shock, so the dragon signals her to calm down with his hands, but before he can say anything, a powerful blast hits the back of his head, knocking him unconscious on the ground. Alice shouts “wh-what the heck!?” Marisa looks to her left at the gigantic, frightening figure of the dragon yama, then says “i-it... But... but?” The dragon yama roars with rage and says “you humans from Gensokyo think you can do whatever you want! Well not on my watch!” He raises his hands and summons a golden sword just like Shikieiki’s, only dragon sized, then lifts it in the air and swings it hard to the ground. Before his strike falls, Shikieiki, Spee and Girlie appear in front of Marisa, Alice and the tiny girls, using a powerful spell to block the attack, all staring bravely at the dragon yama, while Marisa, Alice, Shanghai and Hourai stare at them with terror in their surprised faces.

At the Hakurei Shrine, Reimu stares angrily toward Mima, shouting “you idiot! Why didn’t you stop her!?” Mima stares back with a serious face and says “Reimu, she wants to close that gate and get it over with. All for you!” Reimu angrily replies “that’s exactly what got her into this mess!! Doesn’t she ever learn!?” Rika stands in the kitchen, preparing tea and snacks for everyone, when her sword suddenly roars. Only Ail, Reimu and Rika herself hear the roar, then Ail stands up and says “that’s a great idea!” Reimu asks “what’s a great idea?” Rika asks “you heard that!?” Ail replies “no time to explain. Reimu, something’s here, I’m sure you felt it too.” Reimu nods, then asks “what idea are you talking about?” Rika says “we should split up. We need to gather all of those that have been involved in this incident in any way.” Ail continues “so we’ll need to split up, search for them, then take them to Marisa’s house.” Rika continues “after that, closing that gate should be a breeze.” Mima, Hatate, Aya, and Sanae stare at Ail and Rika with surprise, then Ail says “we need to find Yuka, Flandre, Nitori, Kimi, Alice...” Rika continues “miss Eirin, Suwako, Kanako, Wriggle, and... there’s someone else, but...” Ail points at Rika’s sword and says “he says she’ll come by on her own. Oh, and it seems Alice is already with Marisa.” Rika nods, then asks “and how is it you can hear AND understand that?” Sanae angrily says “yes, mister. I would also like to know how.” Ail is about to calmly explain himself, but Reimu has other plans, and with a wicked smirk she says “ah, they already make the perfect couple.” Sanae, Rika and Ail exclaim at the same time “CUT IT OUT!”, then Ail says “and the reason I can understand it is because I was surrounded by dragons for a while! As to how I can hear that, I don’t know.” Reimu lightly face palms and sighs, then says “alright, here’s what we’re going to do. Ail, you, Sanae and Budou go get Yuka, Eirin and Wriggle. Rika, Aya, Hatate, you three go get Flandre, Nitori, and those goddesses. Mima, Yukari, you two are coming with me to go get Kimi.” Everyone nods, then Yukari asks “shouldn’t we worry about this mystery person?” Reimu lightly shakes her head and says “let’s move already. I’m getting a very bad feeling.” Ail and Rika nod, then Yukari opens a gap to the Misty Lake and the Youkai Forest, while Ail opens one directly to the Garden of the Sun. Aya and Hatate immediately enter the gap to the forest, while Ail, Budou and Sanae enter the garden’s. Mima enters the gap to the lake, and before Rika follows, Reimu grabs her arm and says “whatever happens, you continue on your way! You understand what I’m saying?” Rika stares into Reimu’s eyes, then Reimu raises her voice, saying “you get Flandre and go STRAIGHT to the Moriya Shrine! Let us handle Kimi!” Rika sighs and nods, closing her eyes, then she and Reimu enter the gap, promptly followed by a chuckling Yukari. Meanwhile, from the lake behind the shrine, Parsee reveals herself, looking annoyed and tired, saying to herself “stupid Makai. So jealous! All I could get was a cookie! I wanted a necklace too.” She gets closer to the shrine and realizes it’s empty, then smirks wickedly and says “well, well, it seems the shrine got deserted at last. Serves that lady maiden right.” She walks toward the front of the shrine, snickering while looking around, then bumps to the hooded Shinki, as she runs back to Makai, trying to keep a low profile. Parsee rubs her head as she gets up from the ground, commenting “what the heck was that? So soft, yet so strong. I’m gonna be so jealous of it!” When she opens her eyes, she sees Shinki on the ground, her hood down and wincing in pain as she rubs her chest. When she looks up at Parsee, she gets surprised and smiles nervously, then says “err, hi there. Heh, heh.” Parsee’s eyes glow bright green as she stares at Shinki, then angrily says “as expected from a god. A perfect body... Why can’t I have a perfect body like that!?” Shinki’s face turns beet red as she sits there, listening to Parsee talk about her body.

Budou, Sanae and Ail walk out of Ail’s gap, straight to the front Yuka’s house at the Garden of the Sun. Ail looks around and says “we’ll check if she’s home first, then look around by air if she’s not there.” Budou and Sanae nod at the same time, then Phredia flies out of Budou’s heart and sits on Budou’s head, smiling and tilting her head backward. Budou stares up at her with curiosity and asks “Phredia, what’s wrong?” Ail answer for her “hey, everyone needs a bit of fresh air sometimes.” Phredia smiles at Ail and flips her thumb up, then Budou shrugs and says “ah well. Let’s go get miss Yuka.” Budou and Sanae turn toward the house, but jump in place when they hear Yuka’s sweet, yet ominous voice, asking “and what exactly would you need me for?” When they turn around, she’s leaning against Ail’s shoulder, placing her smiling face right in front of his own, her eyes sparkling as she stares into his eyes. Sanae feels as though fire rises from her legs, up to her head, but manages to keep calm, asking “what are you doing to him?” Ail stares back at Yuka with a neutral expression, then sighs and says “fine. How many?” Yuka smiles gleefully and says “a whole bed.” Ail nods and says “deal. But after we’re done, you’re coming with us to Marisa’s house.” Sanae is beside herself with anger, while Budou and Phredia stare at her with great curiosity, and when she opens her mouth to speak, from inside the house, a woman shouts “stay away from MY Yukarin, you filthy man!” From inside the house, Elly rushes straight to Ail and Yukari, then raises her scythe above her head and lunges it straight to his head, but she stops at the very last second when she sees Yuka’s murderous angry face, Ail’s peaceful, yet frightful eyes, and when she blinks, Sanae is next to Ail’s left, holding on to his arm and pulling him away from Yuka, yet staring with brave eyes straight at the youkai. Elly starts to tremble, her cheeks turns blue, then she lowers her weapon, clears her throat, then says “y-y-you better had l-let go of m-m... my Yuka, or I w-would have had to g-g-get mean.” While this happens, Kurumi walks next to Budou, then both just watch the events unfold. Kurumi turns her eyes to Budou, then Budou to Kurumi, and after staring at each other for some time, admiring their similarities, Kurumi says “I know I have seen you before somewhere.” Budou smiles and says “well, I have been flying around here often.” Phredia sits on Budou’s head and stares at the two girls, then smiles and shrugs. Moments later, Elly walks closely beside Yuka as she leads everyone to a particular flower bed. Sanae walks beside Ail, holding on to his arm as tightly as she can, while Budou and Kurumi walk beside each other, still staring curiously at one-another. Yuka stops and happily says “here we are~!” Ail and Sanae gasp when they see the large white and blue flower, which is twice the size of a human. Ail stares at it awestruck for a moment, then asks “Yuka, is this that flower I revived for you the first time?” Yuka gleefully smiles and nods, then Ail looks around and realizes the rest of the flowers around it are either withering, or dead. He looks at Sanae, then smiles and says “I could use a miracle here.” Sanae giggles and says “well then, you better pray to the gods.” Ail and Sanae walk to the flowerbed, then Ail says “how about I just offer one special god a special treat after this is over.” Sanae’s face turns beet red as Ail kneels down and places his hands on the ground. He says “Sanae, touch my back”, and the moment she does, his magical demonic wings spring out, pashing through Sanae’s hands, Ail’s eyes looking like a starry night sky, and in an instant, the entire flowerbed revives, growing not only sunflowers, but countless flower species, all of different shapes, colors and sizes, all growing for miles away. Yuka is left completely awestruck, and after Ail stands up and returns to normal, he smiles and asks “so, ready to go?” Yuka nods with a blank stare, still awestruck at the sight.

At the Misty Lake, Reimu and Yukari fly out of the gap, flying above the lake itself. They notice Mima and Rika staring toward the Mansion, and before Reimu can ask, she sees Kimi, already in her dragon form, flying above the lake, as if waiting for her. Reimu flies ahead of Mima and Rika and says “Rika, you go get Flandre and head straight to the Moriya Shrine.” Rika ask “but my lady!? What about you!?” Reimu turns around to face Kimi and says “Rika, I gave you an order, now go!” Rika gasps and stares at Reimu for a moment, then remembers her promise, so without any more hesitation, she flies down to the mansion in search of Flandre. Yukari and Mima position themselves beside Reimu as she says “Kimi, this really isn’t the time.” Kimi softly says “I know you’re in a hurry, but I must know. Defeat me in battle and show me. Show me there is a reason I respect you so much.” Yukari and Mima look at Reimu’s face, and without asking, they already know she wants them to stand back and watch. Kimi takes her human form, then says “now we’re even.” Reimu asks “how many spell cards?” Kimi replies “none. We use only our skill. You may use you own charms and needles if you want.” Reimu nods, and right afterward, the battle begins, Reimu disappearing and reappearing right above Kimi trying to land a kick, her foot surrounded by an orange energy, but Kimi steps away just in time and tries to counter with a dive-kick of her own, but Reimu flips right out of the way and manages to land a knee on Kimi’s back, falling along with her to the ground below. Meanwhile, inside the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Rika enters along with Meiling and calls “miss... I mean, Flandre! Flandre, where are you?” Meiling sighs and says “I’ll get miss Sakuya for you while you search her room in the basement.” Rika nods and says “thank you so much, miss Meiling.” Meiling leaves the room, winking and flipping her thumb up at Rika, who looks around the mansion foyer and comments “wow... it looks a lot bigger than before.” Rika looks to the stairs leading down to the basement and says “Rika, focus. You’ve been sleeping for a while, you inconvenienced miss Reimu with that, so now you must redeem yourself.” She nods with a determined look in her eyes and says “yes, I have to move.” She flaps her little wings, then starts to walk as fast as she can to the basement. A few minutes later, Rika arrives to Flandre’s room and places her hand on the doorknob, but she immediately feels something is wrong, so she steps away from the door, and just like that, Remilia bursts out of the door, screaming as danmaku bullets explode all over her. From inside, Flandre shouts “one-sama! I’m so sorry! I forgot to hold back!” Remilia lies on the ground, twitching her legs and left arm, her eyes spinning in place as she replies “urk. It’s ok. It, doesn’t hurt... Uuu~!” Rika cautiously peeks through the door and softly asks “miss Flandre, are you there?” Flandre sits on her bed, smiles at Rika, and gleefully says “Rika~! You’re alright! And stop calling me ‘miss’! I’m young, unlike my sister!” Rika enters the room with a nervous smile and says “heh, s-sorry.” Flandre looks into Rika’s eyes and asks “hmm, you came here for a reason, didn’t you?” Outside the room, Sakuya and Meiling stare at Remilia, Sakuya poking her and asking “my lady~? Are you alive?” Inside, Rika says “mi... I mean, Flan, we need your help. Well, Marisa needs your help.” Flandre jumps off her bed and lands right in front of Rika, looking up at the shrine maid and says “no need to say more. Let’s roll!” Before she even realizes it, Rika finds herself on Flandre’s red UFO, taking off to the sky at amazing speeds. When she looks back at the mansion, she sees her master fighting against Kimi with all her might. She sighs, and noticing this, Flandre asks “want to go back?” Rika lightly shakes her head and says “no. If we do, miss Reimu will be mad. Let’s just go to the Moriya Shrine.” Flandre smiles and says “alright, but you better guide me. I have no clue where it is.”

At the Youkai Forest, Aya and Hatate fly out of the gap and head straight to the base of the waterfall, supposedly looking for Nitori. Aya looks at Hatate and asks “you remember the plan, right?” Hatate nods, then says “but remember, once this is over, like, you and I are rivals again!” Aya smiles and says “wouldn’t have it any other way. Look, there they are!” On the base of the waterfall, Momiji and Nitori play a peaceful game of shogi, after a hard day of working on their paper. Aya and Hatate quickly approach their targets, and before they even have a chance to stop their game, Aya shouts “Illusionary Dominance!”, and surrounds herself in red wind energy. Momiji and Nitori jump away from their game board just as Aya speeds by them, and before they have time to recover, Hatate shouts “Reporting, Hatate Himekaidou’s Reporting Training!” Hatate covers the entire area with dark-purple petal bullets, and takes a picture of Nitori and Momiji kneeling on the floor, overwhelmed by her, and Aya’s attacks. Finally, the two spell cards time out, and Hatate’s danmaku slowly disappears, revealing Momiji and Nitori have disappeared. The two tengu look at each other, gasping as their faces fill with terror. Aya exclaims “wh-where are they!?” Hatate exclaims “oh no, oh no! Not good! We vaporized them!” Aya starts to cry as she says “wha... I didn’t want this!” Hatate despairs and shouts “I swear, I didn’t hit them that hard!” Suddenly, the tengu look at each other, then hug in mid air, crying “Momiji~! Nitori~! We’re sorry~!” From higher up, Momiji shouts “even if you are sorry, you still need more punishment!” Aya and Hatate look to the top of the mountain and see Momiji and Nitori looking down on them. They feel great relief, a heavy weight lifting from their shoulders at the sight of the two girls alive, then Momiji’s words suddenly sink into them, Aya asking “er, what are you talking about?” Momiji stares down with a bored expression on her face, while Nitori stares at them with a malevolent smile, then Momiji says “like I said... You two need more punishment.” Nitori snickers, then pushes a large blue button on a large remote control. From underground, making a high mechanical sound, 8 gigantic discs with a yellow center, a black strip around, and an orange border, surround the two crow tengu. Aya and Hatate stare with great terror, trembling at the sight of the crow scares all around them, then start to scream and try to fly around erratically, trying to escape, bumping on to each other and even crashing against the discs themselves, then finally, Hatate screams “UP!”, signaling Aya that above them is clear. When they are about to free themselves, Momiji flies above them, carrying a large mirror-like disc and reflects it against the sun, making colorful bands appear all over the inside of the disc and reflecting a rainbow-like light toward the crow tengu. Aya and Hatate seem to freeze in place, and finally foam at the mouth and fall to the ground. Momiji rescues them from the harsh fall, while Nitori hides the giant discs again, and after a few minutes pass, Momiji asks “so, are you going to stop attacking us.” Almost unable to do so, Aya and Hatate manage to cry a pathetic “yes~”

Inside the void between paradises, Komachi fights fiercely against the dragon shinigami. She raises her scythe, but has to jump and roll on the ground like a ball to avoid the dragon shinigami’s relentless attacks. She stops on her feet, then summons two spirits and sends them straight to the dragon’s face, but she swings her scythe with great force and cuts the two spirits in half. Komachi gasps and shouts “how could you do that to them!?” The dragon replies “this is a battle, not a game!” Komachi rushes toward the dragon and raises her scythe above her head, then fakes a swing, making the dragon jump away. Instead of a full swing, she positions her scythe right behind the dragon, and after she jumps back, Komachi pulls on her scythe and manages to cut the dragon’s waist. She winces and backs away, holding on to her wound, then Komachi smiles confidently and says “look, why don’t we stop this already. Let the girl seal this void.” The dragon shinigami glares back at Komachi, then smiles, hiding her wicked eyes from Komachi, then uses her scythe to hold herself up and says “you... you are right. I’m sorry, I was just looking for revenge for the humiliation you brought me.” Komachi lowers her defenses, placing her hands on her waist, along with her scythe, then sighs and says “geez, what foolishness. Come on, we’re on the same team here. We could have had a formal competition or something. Just stop messing with the guys over here, alright.” The dragon shinigami lowers her head, exhausted from her battle, then says “I-I’m sorry. You’re right.” Komachi extends her hand to the dragon and smiles as she says “great to hear that. Now let’s go back outside and tell our bosses to...” The dragon shinigami grabs Komachi’s hand and pulls her closer, making her drop her scythe and lose her balance, then swiftly swings her scythe and stabs Komachi right on her abdomen. Komachi doesn’t understand what just happened, and all she can comprehend at the moment, is the pain coursing through her body. She looks at the dragon’s eyes, notices the hatred in them and realizes what has happened. The dragon wants to split Komachi in half with one swing, but Komachi catches on in time to hold the blade with her hands, managing to get swung around along with the scythe, but saving herself from being killed, and finally, she slips off the tip of the weapon and falls on the ground, spilling blood on the black floor as she tries to get back up. The dragon shinigami walks closer and says “you know what’s next, right? With these weapons of ours, even we can fall victims to the cold hands of death. Funny, right?” Komachi holds her abdomen, her hand stained with her own blood, looking around for her own weapon while trying to breathe.

On the Dragon’s Paradise, Shikieiki, Spee and Girlie continue to reflect any attack from the dragon yama, until Shikieiki has enough, then sends a powerful shockwave of energy that pushes the dragon back. She glares at her opponent and says “stand down, yama of the beasts, or face just trial for your actions!” The dragon yama roars with rage, then points at Marisa, Alice and the two tiny girls, then says “they came BACK to this world, even when I specifically said I’d judge them if they came back in!” Shikieiki shouts “that was for Ail only, and you had to lift that order, so it’s void!” The dragon yama replies “you have forgotten your place, Yamaxanadu! I had a meeting with the spirits from above! They have agreed that I take your place, so it is YOU who should stand down, or be killed.” Shikieiki scoffs, and just stares back at the dragon yama with defiant eyes. He stomps on the ground, trying to intimidate Shikieiki and the angels with his gigantic size, but they stand their ground, then Shikieiki says “yama of the beats, it has fallen into MY hands to have to bring just, divine punishment on to you. All your misdeeds punished by my hand! The same hand you tried to take away from me!” She shows him her fully healed hand, making him stutter and back away from her while staring in shock. He looks into Shikieiki’s eyes and asks “how!? How is that possible. Our difference in power is too great, even when I restrained myself!” Shikieiki smiles and nods, then replies “yes, there IS a difference in our level of power.” The dragon yama breathes fire as his rage increases, then a large yin-yang orb strikes the back of his head, making him grunt and bend down. Next to Shikieiki, the guardian dragon glares at the dragon yama and shouts “you bastard, that really hurt!” The dragon yama shouts back “well, sorry you’re so weak!” The dragon guardian replies “remember who kicked your butt last time, yama!” The yama shouts back “you insolent whelp, I’m gonna..!” The guardian dragon smirks and says “you know what will happen if you even try that, right. Not only will this world vanish, but my...” Shikieiki raises her voice and says “don’t say anymore. Please, protect your guests while I handle this. Spee, Girlie, let’s go!” Spee and Girly both nod and say “right” at the same time, then follow after Shikieiki as she approaches the dragon yama. As she walks toward him, she winces and thinks “Komachi, be careful in there.”

The dragon guardian approaches Marisa, Alice, Shanghai and Hourai, and before he can reach them, Alice pulls her black grimoire from hiding and shouts “Shanghai, shield!” Shanghai generates an energy barrier around all of them, while Alice and Marisa prepare themselves for a fight. The guardian dragon approaches them, then says “relax, I’m not here to harm you. You, the black and white one. You are Marisa, correct?” Marisa and Alice look at each other, then Marisa looks at the dragon and nods, saying “y-yeah. I’m... Marisa, but... how do you know?” The dragon laughs and says “Ail kept talking about you for a while. He was really mad at you.” Marisa lowers her head and says “oh. I see.” The dragon laughs again and Alice angrily asks “hey, what’s so funny!?” The dragon stops laughing and says “sorry, so sorry! It’s just Ail told me about when she captured him and used him to collect some items, only to have her experiment explode.” Marisa opens her eyes wide and blushes, then says “I... don’t know what you’re talking about!” The dragon clears his throat and asks “anyway, and more importantly. Why are you here, miss Marisa?” Marisa immediately replies “I came to pick up Ail’s consciousness, so I can take him back home and seal the void.” The dragon rubs his chin and says “ah, I see. Well, you’ll be glad to know he’s back home and inside his body. Odd that he didn’t tell you about that.” Alice, Shanghai and Hourai stare at each other, then back at Marisa’s confused face, then Marisa says “I... but I haven’t seen him. Are you sure?” The dragon hums, then says “yes, I am quite sure. He left this place along with a dragon from your world. Kimi Hong.” Marisa stares back at Alice with surprise, then asks “wait, Kimi’s a dragon?” Before the dragon guardian says more, he looks inside the gate to the void, then says “oh no. Someone’s dying in there. Miss Marisa, if someone dies inside the void, they become lost forever. Please, go inside and help whoever is in there.” Marisa and Alice stare at each other, then exclaim at the same time “Komachi!” Meanwhile, at the Misty Lake shores, Reimu and Kimi continue their fight, Reimu bearing a few cuts on her shoulders and her abdomen, while Kimi is full of bruises and about ready to give up. She clumsily runs to Reimu, raising her fist in the air, and when in range, she swings it straight at her face, but Reimu bends back and uses her hands to lift her legs and kick Kimi under the chin. That last blow has Kimi walking dizzily, trying to keep her balance, but she falls on the ground. Reimu sighs loudly, saying “geez, what a pain that was!” From the right, a giant fireball flies straight toward the unconscious Kimi, so Reimu rushes to her and lifts a barrier, protecting Kimi and herself. Afterward she calls “Mima, Yukari~!” The two youkai are already in the air, meeting the long, red-haired woman, who is actually the shadow dragon from the dragon’s paradise, Mima saying “sorry red, but bad dragons like you are not welcome here.” The woman giggles and in a threatening tone of voice, she says “so, you saw right through this disgusting disguise. Well, I assure you, I am still at my full power, so it would be wise of you two to just run and hide, and let me have my revenge on that whelp.” Yukari smiles, and in a sweetly ominous tone of voice she says “I’m sorry, sweetheart, but...” She opens her fan to cover her mouth as her eyes glow violet and says “the only thing you’ll be doing is going back home with your tail between your legs.”

To be continued...

Characters, Spell Cards and Scenarios belong to ZUN -Team Shanghai Alice-
Ail, Budou, Phredia, Kimi, Spee and Girlie were created by Willie G.R.
Rika Onkamikami was created by Snapshot 2010

May 12 2010
Written by
Willie G.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment