Sunday, January 17, 2010

One Random Sukima 27

Early morning at the Moriya Shrine. The sun isn’t even out yet, and Kanako stands outside on the courtyard wearing her white sleeping robes, ignoring the cool late autumn winds. Every day it gets colder, and more leaves fall off the trees around the shrine, covering the grounds on orange and red. Kanako stares at the cloudy sky and thinks “should I really do this? I just want to help them, and yet... What if Moriya is right? What if I am making a mistake? But...” An image of Sanae walking away and holding Ail’s hand as she leaves, while saying “it’s time I left lady Yasaka, lady Moriya. Please take care~!” crosses Kanako’s mind. She clenches her eyes tight, clenches her teeth, then lifts her arm toward the clouds and after opening her eyes, she says “no! That’s not how it should be! Come back to me!” Nothing happens except for the soft rumble of thunder. Kanako continues to hold her hand wide open in the air and from the distance a small light-blue orb heads straight to the goddess’ hand, and upon landing it morphs back into her mirror. She stares at it for a few seconds, then clenches her hand around it, saying to herself “it’s the right thing... I just know it.”

Morning at the Human Village. Ail and Budou walk by Renko and Maribel’s still unfinished house. Ail stares at the house for some time, then Budou curiously asks “papa, is something wrong?” Ail smiles and says “a lot of things. Some of these walls are a little unstable so maybe...” As he places various blue barriers against some walls and on the roof, he thinks “if it wasn’t for those shadows... I hope I can make amends if I help out over here for a little bit.” Ail smiles at Budou and says “let’s help Renko and Maribel fix their new house.” Budou smiles and says “alrighty papa! Let’s help bookworm 2 and kind sis!” Two hours pass when Kyo and Luna arrive, carrying a few tools in a box. They hear hammering inside the house, and sounding annoyed, Kyo says “geez, the girls are a little early, don’t you think?” Luna simply smiles at Kyo, then turns to the door and opens it to find Ail and Budou hovering around the roof, hammering one of the corners. Kyo and Luna notice the barriers on the walls and roof, then Luna says “well this is a surprise.” Kyo exclaims “Ail, buddy!” Ail and Budou turn to face Luna and Kyo, and with smiles on their faces, Ail says “Kyo, good morning” and Budou says “large brother, miss Luna! HELLO~!” Kyo twitches and asks “tch! Why large?” After some greetings, Kyo asks “so what are you guys doing here? It’s not like you to visit the village at these hours.” Ail pats Budou’s head, making her giggle as he says “this little one has a very important message for Mirida’s friends, but they haven’t woken up yet, so... I though...” Luna taps Kyo’s shoulder and whispers “Kyo, now’s a good time to talk to him.” Kyo whispers back “you take care of Budou meanwhile, right?” Luna winks and whispers back “you caught on quicker than I thought. That cast on your leg might be a good thing after all.” Before Kyo complains, Luna gives him a light kiss on the lips, effectively calming him down. After that, Luna smiles at Budou, bends down, patting her own thighs lightly, then says “say, Budou, why don’t I take you to see Nia and Kikiru. You know... Mirida’s friends!” Budou contently flaps her wings and says “really? Miss Mirida did say ‘no men allowed’, so that would really be of help!” Ail sweats and says “I see. You didn’t tell me that.” Budou smiles angelically at Ail and says “well of course. You’re a man. I can’t tell you.” Ail’s face turns blue as he forces a smile and says “I... I see.” Luna says “look, I’ll go and take her to see them. They should be wide awake by now.” Kyo smirks and says “that’s a great idea, sweetheart. Ail and I will just have some MAN time over here.” Ignoring Kyo, Luna and Budou head straight to the door, and before closing the door behind them, Luna says “sure, sure. Just don’t go making a mess of things while we’re gone. And if you call me ‘sweetheart’ again, I’ll kill you.” Kyo stares both scared and angry toward the girls while Ail sweats and just smiles sheepishly, saying “oh my.”

At the Moriya Shrine, Sanae enters the living room after having swept most of the leaves from the shrine grounds and says “it’s so cloudy today. I hope it doesn’t start raining. I got laundry to wash.” Kanako walks into the living room, feeling as though her heart is beating inside her throat. Sanae spots her and with a smile she says “lady Yasaka, good morning.” Kanako gulps, feeling her heart setting itself back in its place, then manages to nervously say “Sa-Sanae, good morning.” Sanae notices the mirror and says “I see you summoned it back... So? Are you going to stop bugging Ail?” Again, Kanako feels her heart jumping straight back to her throat and is unable to answer. Sanae gets a bit annoyed and says “you are too proud, lady Yasaka. You couldn’t find anything incriminating in there, so you can’t even say anything, is that it?” Kanako thinks “Yasaka, what is the matter with you? Just do it. GIVE HER THE MIRROR! It’ll all be over, and that’s that.” The goddess manages to calm herself down, filling herself with determination, then takes the mirror from her chest and offers it to Sanae, saying “there’s something you have to see here.” Sanae places her hands on her waist, tilting her head slightly to the right, and looking suspiciously at Kanako she asks “did you do something to it?” Kanako twitches, but quickly recovers and nervously says “n-no way, I only picked it up 5 hours ago. Just... take a look.” Sanae walks closer to Kanako and hesitantly picks the mirror up. She takes a deep breath and says “alright then, let’s have a look in here.” Meanwhile, at Maribel and Renko’s almost finished house, Kyo approaches Ail and ask “So, buddy, have you had a chance to think about you and Sanae?” Ail stares blankly at the wall in front of him and asks “me and Sanae? What about me and Sanae?” Kyo sounds a bit annoyed when she says “now don’t play dumb with me. Look, I know you like each other. In fact, I say you LOVE each other, right!?” Ail scratches his chin and looks up to the ceiling, as if thinking very hard, then says “look... I think you have been reading a few too many romance novels. Sanae and I are just good-“ “friends!?” finishes Kyo. He grabs Ail by his shoulders, looking at his friend directly into his eyes and says “you CAN’T be this dense! Haven’t you noticed how every time something happens to either of you, the other totally loses it? How Sanae seems to be protective of you? How she flips whenever any other girl gets too close to you? How YOU totally lose it whenever SHE gets hurt? COME ON!” Ail looks back at Kyo and says “well, that... um... *sigh* Look, I like Sanae, but it’s not like that.” Kyo shakes Ail very violently while shouting “are you even listening to me, you idiot!?” He stops shaking him, then starts slapping him across the face with his left hand, saying “you... are... playing... dumb.. with me!” He stops smacking Ail, letting him go and saying “and I don’t like that.” Ail rubs his cheeks, then sighs and sadly says “look, whatever I may think, there’s no way she would like me like that.” Kyo clenches his teeth, bends backward, then gives Ail a powerful headbutt, and asks “didn’t you hear what I just SAID? That girl’s eyes sparkle whenever she sees you; same for you when you see her.” With some effort, Ail manages to keep on his feet while his eyes spin in place after that headbutt. After miraculously recovering, Ail says “w-wait, are you... sure?” Kyo raises both hands toward the ceiling and after sighing he says “FINALLY! Look, buddy, just go to her, talk to her, and if you don’t figure it out after that, I’m going to beat you up. Is that clear?” Ail keeps quiet for a moment, staring at the door, then Kyo says “I’ll let Budou know, alright?” Ail says “thanks... umm... Kyo? Was it really that obvious?” Kyo sighs and says “just go already! And yes, even Cirno noticed!” Hesitantly, Ail heads out the door, thinks for a moment, then looks at the dark clouds and says “well... umm... wish me luck.” After Ail leaves, Kyo limps outside and looks at his friend as he flies toward the Moriya Shrine, then asks himself “did... I do the right thing? Why do I have this uneasy feeling?”

At the Hakurei Shrine, Reimu runs to the shrine’s gates, but stops when Rika worriedly shouts “my lady, what’s the matter!?” Reimu hurriedly says “no time! I’m bringing Budou here, so get things ready for her please!” Reimu lifts to the air and says “we CAN’T let her go to the Moriya, Rika. We just can’t!” Rika shouts “my lady, what’s going on!?” Reimu shouts back “just be ready to keep Budou distracted! Anything you can think of!” As Reimu flies toward the Forest of Magic to pick up Budou from Ail’s house, she thinks “crap, he’s earlier than I thought. Ugh! I wish I could go there and clear things up, but if I do the yama will be mad.” Reimu speeds up as much as she can, unaware that Budou is still in the village with Luna and Kyo. Meanwhile, at the Moriya shrine, just as Sanae takes a look in the mirror, Suwako calls her from outside. Sanae stops looking and says “ah, lady Moriya is calling me.” then shouts back “coming~!” She takes the mirror with her as she heads outside. Kanako feels great anxiety and is hesitant as to follow Sanae, or stay inside the house. She looks at the clouds in the sky and remembers her days before Ail. It was always Suwako, Sanae and herself, a happy united family of three. Suddenly, Ail pops into the image and everything goes dark. Sanae leaves with Ail and shortly after, Suwako leaves as well, leaving Kanako behind inside an empty shrine. Kanako’s heart feels cold as a tear escapes her right eye. She clenches her fist so tightly it turns white, then she says to herself “I have to break that bond, no matter what happens!” As she walks outside she thinks “you saw it Kanako. When they were looking for Budou, he almost took her away from you. He even had a perverted dream with Sanae. Kanako, you are doing the right thing. Just endure.” Outside, next to the large red gates, Suwako sits on the ground like a frog and says “Sanae, maybe you shouldn’t look in there.” Sanae smiles and replies “hmm, I know I’m invading his privacy with this... but I’m kind of curious.” Suwako grabs a nearby broom and says “well... alright then. I’ll... just be here sweeping these leaves.” Sanae’s smile widens and says “thank you lady Moriya. Now... let’s have a look in-“ Kanako reaches Sanae just as she takes a look inside the mirror. Sanae’s eyes hide under her hair and her smile quickly vanishes. Kanako thinks “she looked inside. This is it. Goodbye Anilan, welcome back Sanae!” Sanae’s expression twists to a mixture of disgust and rage the moment moaning sounds come from inside the mirror. In the mirror, Ail is met by Yuka after reviving the flowers he fell upon, the first time they met. After he’s done reviving them he dusts his hands and says “well, that should do it.” then spots Yuka staring at him. She asks “and why did you do that? They are just flowers after all.” Ail replies “maybe they are JUST flowers, but they have life and they feel pain as well.” Yuka opens her eyes wide... the image in the mirror fills with static for a second and after the image returns, Yuka pounces him, kissing him passionately. Ail doesn’t resist at all and just accepts it, immediately holding Yuka and passionately rubs her arms as he kisses her shoulders. Sanae covers her open mouth with her free hand, but continues to look into the mirror.

At Ail’s house, Reimu knocks on the door, calling desperately for Budou to come out, saying “Budou! Are you there~!? It’s me, your Hakurei sis!” Reimu sighs in defeat and asks “did he take her with him? This could be bad.” Reimu is just about to leave, but thankfully, from the sky, Budou shouts “Hakurei sis, hello~!” Reimu turns around and spots Budou flying beside Luna, both smiling and waving at her. Reimu feels like a weight has been lifted from her shoulders, and feeling great relief she says “Budou, Luna, so GLAD to see you!” Upon landing, Budou gives a light hug to Reimu and asks “sis, why are you here? This is such a nice surprise!” Reimu immediately asks “where’s Ail?” Luna replies for Budou, saying “he went to the Moriya Shrine to talk to the maiden there.” Luna then smiles as she says “Kyo had a little chat with him, and it seems he’s finally realized what everyone else knows as a fact.” Reimu sweats and says “nice... very nice timing. Oh well, it was still bound to happen,” Luna stops smiling and looking curiously at Reimu she asks “what? What’s going on.” Reimu points at Budou with her eyes, then Luna says “well, umm, I’ll just go to the shrine later then.” Reimu nods, then turns to Budou and says “Budou, I want you to come to the shrine with me.” Budou stares curiously back at Reimu, then smiles and says “ok *giggle*. Why do you look so nervous? Is something wrong?” Reimu looks to the ground, then says “not yet... Anyway, I want you to come with me. There’s something bad looming in the air today and I want to keep you safe there.” Budou smiles and proudly says “I’ll have you know, I can take care of myself. I could even beat papa someday. Big sister Suwako said so.” Reimu smiles and says “oh, well you are still growing up, and I’d still be very worried for you. Please, come with me so I can feel safer.” Luna adds “go ahead, Budou. It’s not every day you get invited to play with your Hakurei sis. You said so yourself.” Budou thinks for a moment, then smiles and nods while staring at Reimu. Reimu sighs with relief and says “thanks Luna. I promise to explain later. Just...” Reimu smiles and says “if you can, visit my shrine later.” Luna nods, and after a quick farewell, Budou and Reimu fly back to the Hakurei Shrine, and Luna flies back to village. Meanwhile, at the Moriya Shrine, Sanae cries as she continues to look into the mirror, showing Ail inviting the girls at the swimsuit contest to surround him. After some moaning and giggling sounds, the scene changes, showing Ail reaching for the door to his house, and Sakuya coming from behind, placing her dagger on his neck. The scene fills with some static, then Sakuya says “did you think I’d let you go that easily? I want another round, mister!” Sanae’s hands tremble, she sniffles and sobs, but continues to look into the mirror.

Flying just above the youkai forest, Ail stops and lands next to the river, then says to himself “wh-what if Kyo’s wrong. What if I just make a fool of myself... She’ll laugh at me, all three of them. *gulp* I... I can’t do this. I don’t want them to look at me like some clown, or worse, some sort of pervert... Uuu~, what to do?” From behind, an arm wrapped in a red bow with white frills places itself on Ail’s shoulder, scaring him to the point of freezing in surprise. Ail trembles as he turns around, spotting Hina Kagiyama staring back at him with a carefree smile. She waves her hand at him and says “hello Ail. It’s been a while.” Ail relaxes and says “miss Hina. Phew, you startled me. How are you?” Hina shakes her head and says “I was about to ask you the same. You seem a little on edge. Something I can help you with?” Ail sighs and says “i-it’s nothing... It’s just... I need to talk to someone, but I am not sure if that is such a good idea. I mean... what I need to talk about could REALLY ruin a great friendship, so I’m kind of doubtful.” Hina smiles widely and says “well, you won’t know until you speak with her. Sanae hasn’t left the shrine today, so you’re sure to find her there.” Ail opens his eyes wide and asks “you too?” Hina covers her mouth with her wrapped hand as she giggles, then looks at Ail and says “someone as wise as you should have noticed by now. Then again, maybe you just can’t see these things as clearly. Regardless, you should go and speak to her.” Ail nods and scratches the back of his head, smiling sheepishly at Hina, then says “I guess you’re right. Thanks a bunch Hina.” Ail waves his hand at Hina as he lifts to the air and flies slowly toward the Moriya Shrine. Hina smiles as she turns around, but gasps and opens her eyes wide after feeling a very bad vibration coming from the shrine’s direction. She looks toward the top of the mountain and says “I feel... something terrible is happening up there.” She closes her eyes for a moment, then opens them quickly, then shouts “oh no, Ail. Wait, Ail come back!” She flies after him, however, she can’t find him anywhere. She looks to the shrine again and without wasting another second, the flies straight to the shrine in hopes to find Ail before he reaches his destination. Meanwhile, Sanae watches in horror as the mirror now shows Ail trapping Reimu inside her own shrine with lustful desires. Reimu cries in despair and shouts “Ail, stop! I can’t do this, you know that!” Just before Ail pounces Reimu, Lily white knocks down the sliding doors of the shrine, trying to save Reimu, but Ail blasts both with a violet laser, then slowly walks over their unconscious bodies with a wicked smile. Reimu and Lily both smile and Reimu, peeking through one eye each, then Reimu says “cut the theatrics and just start with the fun!” Ail laughs and says “though you’d never ask!” He starts ripping their clothes off, and even though her lips don’t move, Lily White says “he’s MINE!”

Reimu and Budou arrive at the Hakurei Shrine, and immediately after landing Reimu calls for Rika, however, there is no reply. Reimu looks curiously at Budou and says “she might be in the bathroom, perhaps.” From the back of the shrine, accompanied by a drum roll, Mima announces “and now, for your everyday entertainment, here is that amazing RIKA~.” Mima’s expression changes to disgust as she slumps and says “and now I’m outta’ here.” Reimu sighs and thinks “she went a little too far” but then looks at Budou’s sparkling face, then smiles as she thinks “then again, it seems it’s working.” Rika summersaults into view, raising her hands in the air, then shouts “today, I will be performing a dance with my wind sword, then I’ll amaze you with my skills using my fire and ice swords. Are you READY!?” Budou shouts “YEAH~!” Reimu just sweats and forces a sheepish smile, then she and Budou follow Rika to the back of the shrine after she signals for them to follow her. After sitting on the porch beside some cups of tea and some snacks on a tray, Rika smiles and says “and now, my wind dance. Oath Keeper!” Rika jumps inside her golden gate with a flip, then comes out with a Japanese sword on her belt. Rika smiles as she unsheathes the sword, but to her surprise, the band on the unsharpened side is white. Rika first asks “what’s this...?” Budou looks at the sword and says “ooh, so pretty~” Rika gasps and starts jumping in place, shouting “ALRIGHT~! Miss Reimu, look, look, the last element! I finally got lightning!” Reimu sweats and smiles, then softly asks “weren’t you doing your wind dance?” Rika excitedly shouts “oh, I just have to try this baby out!” She points her sword to the sky, and from above, splitting the clouds apart, a bold of lightning strikes Rika’s sword. She swings her blade around, sending lightning danmaku bullets that fly a little too close to Budou and Reimu. Reimu shouts in a panic “Rika, watch out, you almost hit us!” Budou claps her hands and shouts “do it again, do it again!” Rika smirks and says “alright then.” She places her left hand on her waist and raises the sword with her right arm, summoning another bolt of lightning that causes a bright flash. When the light dims down, to Rika’s right, holding her left hand up, pointing upward with her index finger, and placing her right hand on her waist is Iku Nagae, looking quite serious and saying “dance with me, partner!” At first, Rika is surprised, but Iku starts raising and lowering her arm, tapping her right foot in rhythm, and looking quite serious. Rika recovers from the surprise and smiles as she says “oh yeah, this is FUN~!” Iku suddenly twirls in place and stops, now raising her right arm and placing her left on her waist. Rika does the same, however, she forgets her sword is charged and strikes herself with her own lightning danmaku. Iku smiles and says “you need more practice if you REALLY want to feel the fever!” Reimu face palms and says “and she arrives uninvited.” Budou just giggles and claps her little hands together while happily flapping her wings. The moment of laughter is cut short when a sudden energy wave passes right through the shrine, accompanied by countless scarlet clouds in the sky. Iku sighs and says “and so begins the end of that life.” Reimu panics and shouts “Nagae, don’t you DARE start prophesying over here! Just leave!” Iku sighs and says “the message has been delivered regardless, so I’ll take my leave.” In a flash, Iku disappears, then Rika asks “what just happened?” When she looks at Reimu, she realizes she holds on to Budou, who trembles and whimpers. Reimu then says to Rika “she felt that. This isn’t good.”

At the Moriya Shrine, watching Sanae from a good distance, Suwako punches Kanako’s arm, and sounding angry she points at Sanae with both hands and says “there, you got her to cry! Are you happy now?” Kanako sighs and says “but it’s... for her own good.” Suwako stares at Sanae for a little longer, and unable to bare seeing her cry like that, she says “that’s it. Kanako, I can’t take this. I’m telling her!” Kanako twitches and gasps, but just lowers her head and nods, then crosses her arms around her chest. Suwako walks toward Sanae, but stops and gasps as she looks toward the shrine’s gates, then says “oh... oh no. Bad timing. REALLY bad timing.” Kanako raises her head and asks “what is it?” Suwako turns around to face Kanako and says “it’s Ail.” Ail lands several feet away from Sanae, calling for her the moment his feet touch the ground. He gets a good look at her, then frowns when he realizes she is crying. He takes three steps closer and asks “Sanae, what’s the matter!? Why are you crying!?” Ail sees the attack coming, but the shock prevents him from moving. Sanae grabs the mirror with her left hand and punches Ail’s left cheek as hard as she can, leaving a long cut that immediately starts bleeding. She flinches and drops the mirror, crying “ow~ Dammit!” Staring blankly, still in shock, Ail asks “Sa... Sanae... Why...?” Sanae’s left hand starts bleeding, having used Kanako’s mirror like a weapon. She ignores the pain and grabs her gohei with her right hand, and with hatred filling her already tear-filled eyes, she strikes Ail so hard she sends him flying backwards toward the large red gate at the shrine’s entrance. Afterwards, she fires a spinning red star aimed directly at his face, though Ail manages to raise his arms in time to protect himself, getting some nasty burn marks on his forearms. Sanae walks closer to him with hatred swelling up inside her heart. Suwako shouts “Kanako, she’s going to kill him!” Kanako gasps and says “that’s not part of the plan!” Both goddesses run straight to Sanae in hopes to stop her from using her powers and kill the half youkai in front of her. Sanae raises her gohei above her head, holding it with both hands. Ail feels the power storing up in that gohei, but he is still in shock and is unable to absorb what’s happening. Sanae starts to sob, then lowers her gohei, and with a cracking voice she says “don’t you ever come back to this place. Don’t ever let me see your face again... you lecher.” Ail doesn’t understand what’s happening. He doesn’t even know what ‘lecher’ means, but he is so confused and frightened her can’t find the will to speak. He just watches in shock as Sanae flies away, sobbing uncontrollably. Scarlet clouds start to fill the sky, but Ail doesn’t even notice. He finds the strength and will to stand up, then spots the two concerned looking goddesses standing where Sanae was when he arrived. He opens his mouth to speak, but no words come out. He takes a deep breath, chocking back his tears and pushing back the sadness that swells inside of him, then manages to ask “wha... What... just.. happen?” Suwako tries to speak, but can’t think of anything to say, while Kanako thinks “that was close. Now I need to find that mirror before...” Kanako snaps out of her though when Ail asks “what... what’s this? Sanae was looking into this before attacking me.”

Kanako’s face fills with panic as Ail looks into the mirror. At first, all he sees is his reflection, but after a little while he sees himself the night the Random Sukima was brought to life by his own foolish hands. More precisely, the moment after rescuing Sanae from Yuka’s attack, after having landed on the flower youkai’s precious flowers. Ail says “this... It’s that night. How? What is this?” He continues to look into the mirror and sees how he restores all of Yuka’s flowers, then says “there, you see? No need to be blasting others.” Yuka stares at him for a while, then jumps on him and shouts “you should stay here with me forever!” She kisses his cheeks as he holds her on his arms, making him yelp. Ail places her back on the ground and there’s a sudden static in the mirror, and just like that, the image continues. Ail grabs Yuka by her shoulders and says “I can’t stay here forever... but I can make this night last for a while.” The real Ail looks horrorstruck as the sounds of moaning and laughing come from the mirror. He says “wait a minute... This isn’t how it happened. I declined and she started shooting at me! What is this... wait...” The mirror switches to the day he met Reisen’s shadow, though at that time he didn’t know she was the shadow. In the mirror, he pulls Reisen away, saying “you better head home. Eirin is so worried about you.” Again, the mirror gets sudden static, when the image comes back, Reisen, in a seductive voice, says to Ail “I... could stay here a little longer. I do need a bath. I could even use some help.” Ail smirks and places his arm round Reisen’s waist, then says “well, why not? It should be fun.” The real Ail’s face turns red with rage and he screams “what the hell IS THIS GARBAGE!? This is not what happened!” He looks at Suwako and points angrily at the mirror, shouting “what is this crap!? Why is it showing such disgusting lies about me!?” Ail tightens his grip on the mirror and raises it above his head, clenching his teeth and breathing through his mouth, summoning strength to his arm. Noticing what he’s about to do, Kanako shouts “wait, don’t!!” Ail uses all his strength to throw the mirror to the ground, smashing it into pieces, the booming sound of thunder muting the sound of the mirror smashing to the ground. Ail continues to stare at the many pieces of the mirror as they start glowing light blue, then turn into a single orb that heads straight back on to Kanako’s chest. Ail stares with horror at the realization that the mirror is actually Kanako’s. He stares at her with his mouth wide open, holding back both a feeling of rage and sadness while he asks “tha?that mirror is yours? Lady Yasaka... why?”

At the Field of the Sun, while Kurumi and Elly, who are covered in bruises, water some of the flowers around Yuka’s small house, Yuka feels the urge to check on the house-sized flower Ail had grown for her a long time ago. The moment she reaches it she stares with curiosity and says “well, this is new.” From the inside to the outside of its giant petals, bands of red, violet and blue course through, changing the flower’s color constantly. Yuka touches the flower and immediately jumps back with a yelp. Elly rushes to her mistress concernedly shouting “what is it lady Yukarin! Did someone attack you?” When she looks at the flower, she says “wow, miss Yukarin, your powers are amazing!” Yuka stares at the flower with narrow eyes, then opens her parasol, resting it against her shoulder, then says “that’s not me. This is the flower I told you about. The one that kid revived for me.” Elly suppresses the urge to cut the flower down and while gripping her scythe tightly she asks through her teeth “you mean Ail, right?” Yuka nods and calmly asks “I wonder what does this mean?” Meanwhile, at the Moriya Shine, Ail stands facing Kanako with his eyes hidden behind his hair under a dark shadow. Kanako quietly stares back with a strict look, but doesn’t say a word. Ail, slowly losing control of his rage asks “what is the meaning of this?” Kanako gulps, but stays quiet for a moment, then says “bah! Enough of this! Ail, I’m going to say this and get it over with. I want you out of here. I want you to get as FAR away from Sanae and us as you can.” Tears fill the still hidden eyes of Ail. He can feel as his own tears cause stinging pain as they course through the cut on his left cheek. This pain fuels the rage swelling up inside of him, then he shouts “why!? What the hell did I do NOW!?” Kanako replies “if you keep interfering with Sanae’s life, she’s going to end up dead, and it’ll be all your fault!” Ail clenches his fists tightly and shouts “I would NEVER do that to Sanae, and you know it!!” Kanako replies “look, I know you’re a thick-headed idiot, but even YOU know what I’m talking about. We saw what happened when you entered that hellish Makai with Sanae. Ail, an entire MOUNTAIN FELL ON TOP OF HER!!!” Ail opens his mouth, hoping to reply back, but no words come out. He remembers the feeling of terror in his heart when he thought Sanae had died in such a manner, however, the thought changes to Kanako’s mirror. He calmly asks “is that why... you used that thing? Is that why you showed all that CRAP to Sanae? All those lies?” Suwako watches from a distance, unable to decide who to side with. Kanako has a point. Being with Ail has changed Sanae, and he has gotten her into danger over and over. On the other hand, she knows it’s not his fault. She remembers how this all stared. They wanted Sanae to stop liking Ail so much. To forget about him and go back to them. Now, it has scaled to something that seems too much, even for her, who is a god. Suwako snaps out of her thoughts when Kanako says “this mirror shows what’s inside your heart, Ail. This is what’s inside YOUR heart. You can’t deny it, can you? It’s all in there, Ail. You heart is as black as the void. Do us a favor, and just... disappear.” Ail drops his head, looking at his feet and letting his tears drop to the ground. Kanako stares on with a neutral face, watching as his entire body trembles. The tears suddenly stop as he raises his clenched fist toward his own face, making Kanako stare with curiosity, only to get shocked at the sight. Ail violently lifts his head with his eyes widely open, a dark shadow surrounding them, showing great fury and hatred. Clenching his teeth, Ail lifts his arm behind his head, then rushes toward Kanako.

Kanako is shocked by Ail’s sudden attack and just stares, unable to move. Ail rushes to her and just as he strikes down with his arm, thunder echoes all over the mountain, while a lightning bolt flash blinds Suwako from seeing what has happened. Hidden under some bushes beside the great red gate of the shrine is Hina, watching in horror and saying “first I am too late, and now I’m stuck here watching these terrible events. This is worse than a curse.” Kanako has narrowly dodged Ail’s attack, losing only a few strands of hair. She stands with her eyes wide open, staring blankly in complete shock as Ail lifts himself up, pulling from the ground a red dagger he has made with red energy. Giving Kanako no chance to recover, he swings the magical blade at her neck and face, clenching his teeth and speaking through them, saying “of all... the people... I never... expected... you’d do... something as terrible... as this!” Kanako backs away, but trips on her own skirt, falling on her back, watching as Ail lifts his arm once again and shouting “today I send a god to HELL!” Kanako reacts to these words and blasts Ail hard with a powerful energy orb, sending him flying several feet away and making him fall on his back. She stands up, holding two more energy orbs on her hands, summoning various logs to her, which set on her back, then aggressively says “you are correct. I am a GOD. You have no right to attack me like that, so bow down and beg for forgiveness, and I might just let you live, even after that little ambush of yours.“ Ail springs to his feet and hovers menacingly in the air, and with a twisted smile he laughs. First it’s a small chuckle, but then progresses to an insane cackle, then he stops. He surrounds himself with red energy and stares down at Kanako, then says “you are no better than a monster.” He fires various red orbs straight at the god and says “you make me believe I am like family to you.” He fires red beams that upon hitting the ground, turn into homing oval bullets, making Kanako run and flip all over to avoid being hit, then says “then you use that lying crap to put Sanae against me, feeding LIES to her about me!” He fires a combination of orbs, all of various shapes and sizes, all bouncing off three times from any surface, seeking Kanako with each bounce and says “and I don’t even know WHY you did that! All you can say to me is ‘leave’? What the hell did I do to you? Why involve Sanae!?” Kanako manages to fly above Ail, then looking down on him, she says “you were going to take Sanae away from us! You got her in danger in more than just one occasion. Even by helping her, you put her life in danger.” Ail remembers when Agava first attacked; how that shadow almost killed her. He lifts his head and shouts “that is still NO REASON to do what you did!” He fires 5 more red beams at Kanako, who sends one of her large logs straight at him, both dodging each other’s attacks, then glaring at each other afterward. Ail shouts “I know what I have! Do you think I have peace of mind?” Kanako glares back at him and says “oh don’t give me that crap! You’re just like every human. You seek glory, recognition, fame, wealth. You don’t really think about others! You just act that way to gain sympathy.” Ail’s red energy expands and turns darker as he shouts back “I can’t believe this! You talk as if you don’t even know me!”

From below Ail and Kanako, Suwako watches, still undecided which side to join. She grabs her hat by its edges and pulls down on it while still staring up, then says “Kanako, you are being cruel. Ail, you need to calm down. Auu~, if I had know this was going to turn out like this...” By now, Ail has had enough and menacingly says “you make no sense... this all makes no sense to me, but one thing does...” Ail smiles a twisted smile and says “you want to fight me. Alright, then. LET’S HAVE A FIGHT!” Kanako smiles and pulls out a spell card, then waits. Ail pulls out one of his spell cards, but quickly realizes there is no image in it. It’s just a blank card. His red energy expands and turns dark, looking like blood now. He clenches his hand, crushing the spell card in it and shouts “what the HELL? What the HELL is this!?” Ail’s face twists, making himself look crazed as he points at Kanako, and staring with accusing raged eyes he screams “YOU! You did this, didn’t you!?” Kanako glares back and calmly says “you think too much of me.” Ail rips the crushed spell card apart and tosses it to the ground below, then the blood-red energy expands even more, and in the blink of an eye it start to take a shape. From below, Suwako stares at it for a moment, then says “wait a minute, I know that... That’s a spell from one of the underground dwellers.” The energy around Ail first turns into arced beams that turn to the right, then around the first set, another set of arced beams that turn to the left, then Kanako finds herself being surrounded by so many small blood-red orbs she can’t move a finger, then the arced beams are unleashed, scattering and turning into many individual danmaku shards. Yuugi Hoshiguma’s Knockout in Three Steps spell. As Kanako narrowly dodges the attack, Suwako thinks “how is that possible. He didn’t even use a spell card. This is insane, what’s going on?” Kanako has had enough and uses her spell card, shouting “Divine Festival ? Expanded Onbashira!” Kanako quickly realizes Ail’s spell isn’t cancelled yet, regardless, the logs on her back fly high into the sky as she fires homing blue charms at Ail, making him move straight to where her logs fall to. Quickly, the logs fall in rhythm, adjacent to each other, until they trap him inside a narrow opening, giving Kanako’s charms the change to strike him, successfully canceling his spell after he is hit. Ail growls after being hit, then glares at Kanako, and after the last log falls, in a blind rage, he flies straight at her in the hopes that some of her own charms will strike her. To his dismay, his shoes suddenly spring rockets, making him fly too fast, losing control of himself, flying over Kanako’s head. Ail bends his legs and manages to clap his shoes together, making the rockets blow up, hurting him, but successfully stopping.

At the Youkai Forest, Sanae sits on a log as she cries. She stops for a moment and stares at her gohei, then grips it tight and tosses it against some trees. The gohei makes a soothing sound as it bounces off the trees and falls to the ground, summoning Kogasa. The youkai stares curiously at Sanae as she slowly descends in front of Sanae, asking “Sanae nee-san? What’s the matter? *Gasp* Oh no! I got here too late, didn’t I!?” Sanae turns around, facing away from Kogasa, so the concerned karakasa youkai tries to follow her face, making Sanae turn again and again. Sanae has enough and shouts “Kogasa, I’m in NO MOOD to be playing with you now!” Kogasa jumps back with a fright, but quickly recovers and scowls as she says “hey~ you don’t have to snap at me like that! I’m just worried about you!” Sanae stops sobbing and sighs, calming herself down, then wipes her eyes with her sleeves and places her elbows on her thighs, resting her head on her hands. Kogasa manages to sit next to Sanae just as rain starts pouring down from the sky, using her umbrella to cover herself and the priestess. Sanae sighs again and says “you really think you know someone, and then the truth hits you hard on the face.” Kogasa blinks twice, staring curiously at Sanae, then asks “huh? What are you talking about, nee-san?” Sanae lets her hands drop as she lifts her head up, but continues to stare down, then sighs again and says “I learned some very terrible truths about Ail today.” From behind some trees, a familiar voice asks “Ail? Ooh, this sounds juicy!” Nitori materializes right in front of a tree, then playfully walks closer to the depressed priestess and the surprised youkai, then asks “so, what did you learn?” Sanae asks “since when did my life become public-aww whatever. See this is what happened...” Meanwhile, above the Moriya Shrine grounds, the rain is making it hard for both Kanako and Ail to fight, but they somehow manage to aim at each other with deadly accuracy. While firing red knives at Kanako, Ail shouts “Kanako~! This can all stop. Apologize to me and tell Sanae the truth!” Kanako glares back at Ail after avoiding some daggers, getting grazed by others around her shoulders, though they only manage to cut her clothes. She shouts back “well, aren’t YOU getting cocky. I’m only getting started here!” Ail holds the blood-red energy on his hands, and after hearing Kanako’s reply, the energy expands and he manages to morph it into two large spiked balls, throwing them straight at Kanako’s face. He shouts “then die you!” He lunges at her with his leg up-front, surrounding it with the red energy and shaping it into a large multi-blade pike. Kanako dodges both spiked balls, then swerves around Ail just in time and unleashes a barrage of homing daggers with red hilts at his back, managing to stab him multiple times before her crashes on the ground. Suwako runs to Ail, shouting “Kanako, stop, stop! Ail! Anilan, can you hear me!?” Suwako yelps when Ail rises from the ground full of wounds and cuts and a large purple bruise on the right side of his forehead. His eyes now glow blood red and seems he’s not even feeling the pain from the wounds.

Suwako panics and jumps away, just as he flies back up with that red energy surrounding him. He flies high enough to meet Kanako’s face, then the red energy turns into 7 orbs that spin slowly around him. Suwako gets up and lifts her head, quickly recognizing the attack. She shouts “Kanako, that’s Fantasy Heaven! Get out of there!!!” Kanako confidently says “he’s just a poor excuse for a weakling. He can’t?“ Kanako suddenly feels the aura of the energy around Ail as the orbs spin progressively faster. The rain intensifies, making it harder to hear Suwako’s advice. Suwako realizes this and says “screw this! I have to stop him!” Kanako unleashes a log straight at Ail, but the red orbs are spinning so fast and so strongly, they deflect it with ease, flicking it back as if it were a toothpick. Kanako’s face turns blue after noticing the rectangle-shaped bullets that surround her, all coming from the large red orbs spinning around Ail. At first, she manages to avoid two waves of the rectangular bullets that home in on her, but Ail is not stopping. More and more waves come straight at her until finally three of those bullets touch her left arm, wrapping themselves around her like amulets, burning her skin. By now, she realizes the danger she is in, but it’s too late, as the last wave heads toward her. There are so many, they even block the rain from reaching her. From underneath them they can hear Suwako shouting “Native God - The Red Frog in the Fourth Year of the Houei Era" Suwako’s body splits in three red spirit-like selves, and quickly one of the bodies head straight to Kanako and tackles her away from the blood-red rectangles that are just mere inches away. The second body flies as fast as it can, releasing many red flog-shaped bullets that cancel Ail’s energy. Suwako takes advantage of the distraction and uses her main body to get close to Ail and tackles him, cancelling his spell successfully. Kanako shouts “so you finally decided to help?” Suwako turns around and shouts back “stops this already, or one of you will end up dead!” Ail glares back at the two goddesses with glow blood-red eyes, then as some water run down his cheeks she shouts “miss Moriya~? Miss Moriya, you too!? Why!?” Ail grabs his hair with both hands and start pulling down as hard as he can, and sounding crazed he says “no... No, no, no, no, no~! Even lady Moriya! This isn’t FAIR~~!!!” Suwako waves both hands in front of her and nervously says “wait, Ail! Calm down! Stop this!” Ail screams to the sky, increasing his energy even more, expanding the blood-red energy, making it 10 times his own size. Sniffling and with a cracked voice he says “you hate me! You hurt Sanae to get to me~~! I’ll kill you! I WILL KILL YOU~!” Kanako gasps and shouts “what’s going on!!?” Suwako shouts back “he’s using too much power! Kanako! We have to stop him, NOW!” Kanako smirks and says to herself “well, if it’s for his own good...”

At the Forest of Magic, under Marisa’s house, Mai and Yuki stand in place, looking scared at each other. Marisa, who seems to be drawing some symbols on one of the walls, turns around and asks “oy, what’s the matter. You see a naked ghost, ze?” Mai and Yuki rush outside, Yuki shouting “come, come! Something’s happening.” Marisa runs up to her house, grabs her broom, then follows after Yuki and Mai outside and up to the sky. Marisa looks all around and notices all kind of youkai, all staring toward the Youkai Mountain. She asks “whoa, what’s going on here..?” she feels a pulse of energy and asks “what the heck? This is...” From behind, Alice shouts “Marisa, Yuki, Mai~!” Alice, accompanied by Shanghai, Hourai and Shinki, fly straight to Marisa, Yuki and Mai, then Alice says “can you see that? It’s amazing! Ail... a half youkai using this much power!” Shinki worriedly says “oh, to be using this much. I hope he can take it.” Marisa wants to rush straight to the source of the power, but Alice notices, and has Shanghai and Hourai grab her broom, successfully stopping her in her tracks, then waves her finger at her and says “you will not interfere, Kirisame. Just watch.” Shanghai says “mom is smart. She knows what she’s saying.” Hourai says “this is a nice broom, miss Marisa.” Marisa stares at the dolls with disgust, then says “Alice has certainly trained you two well. And yes, it IS a nice, broom, da-ze.” Marisa sits on her broom, hovering above her house and looking toward the Youkai Mountain, surrounded by her friends, and many youkai that live all around the forest. At the Bamboo Forest of the Lost, Mokou and Kaguya are on each other’s necks. It looks like Mokou is about to kill Kaguya when the energy wave from Ail reaches them. Both girls stop fighting, Mokou releasing Kaguya’s neck, then both quietly float above the tall bamboo shoots, then silently stare toward the Youkai Mountain. From behind them, Reisen and Eirin float up, then Eirin, while staring at the mountain, says “Udonge, it seems we’re going to have some work cut out for us.” Reisen nods to her master, however she is unable to turn her head from the mountain as she does. At the Field of the Sun, Kurumi and Elly are both floating high up, already staring toward the youkai mountain. Elly asks “whoa, what is that?” Kurumi adds “that’s insane. No living creature can use that much power and stay alive for long.” Yuka continues to stare at Ail’s flower, noticing how, after turning blood-red, it starts to shrink down and wither. Elly asks “miss Yukarin, do you know who’s the one using this power?” Yuka simply replies “that would be Ail.” Elly sweats and trembles as her face turns blue, then says “g...good thing I didn’t find him, huh?” Kurumi stares annoyed at Elly, then says “yeah, after getting beat by those others WEAKER than him.” Yuka closes her parasol, then looks up to the sky and opening her eyes wide with a smile she says “what a specimen that half-human is!”

At the Hakurei Shrine, Reimu struggles against Budou, who wants to break free from Reimu’s arms, shouting “no, let me go! Papa needs me! Papa need me~! *sob*” Phredia pops from under Budou’s hair, startling Reimu a little, who shouts “Phredia, where did you come from!?” Rika, in an endearing and understanding tone of voice says “Budou, please. You must understand miss Reimu is doing this for your safety! She cares about you.” Budou stops struggling and Phredia quickly hugs her neck as Reimu says “that’s right. Look, right now something very dangerous is happening, and if you interfere again, you might end up dead this time. Please, let me put this charm on you. It’ll help you relax, and I promise, I’ll take it away as soon as everything calms down.” Budou sobs on Reimu’s chest, crying “no~ *sob* I want to help papa!” Reimu softly says “but Budou, you are not strong enough yet. You must understand.” Budou stares at Reimu’s eyes with tears in her own, then lowers her head, sobbing some more as Phredia uses her apron to dry the little youkai’s tears. Reimu reaches into her left sleeve and pulls out a light-blue charm, but the moment she reaches for Budou again, the little youkai springs to the air, flapping her wings violently, gaining speed almost instantly. Reimu shouts “Rika, we have to stop her! Budou, no~! Come back!” Budou yelps, and when Reimu looks up, Ran and Chen have caught her. Budou sniffles and says “Ch-Chen... Lady nine-tails.” Ran says “my, Budou. Didn’t your mama and papa teach you to listen to the adults?” Budou sniffles and nods, then, holding Chen’s hand, she comes back down, where Phredia immediately flies to her right shoulder and kisses her cheek. Ran looks at Reimu seriously and asks “what’s going on, Reimu?” From the shrine stairs, Luna asks “yes miss Reimu. Please enlighten us.” At the Misty Lake, Cirno, Daiyousei, Kimi and Kali all hover in the air, all looking toward the Youkai mountain. Meiling is the last to join in, then asks “what’s going on?” Cirno says “something strange is making my stomach hurt. It’s coming from over there.” and points toward the Youkai Mountain. Meiling looks and gasps when she says “oh my... that’s mister Ail.” Kimi says “hmm... he’s strong... but I can still beat him.” Meiling turns around and asks “really?” Kimi smirks, then grabs Meiling’s inner pants by the thighs then pulls hard on them, ripping them off, making Meiling yelp and cover herself, shouting “hey~! What’s the big idea!?” Kimi shows Meiling her exposed legs and says “you should learn to show more. Be proud!” Meiling stares back dumbfounded, and can’t reply. Inside the mansion, Remilia, Sakuya, Flandre, Koakuma, Agava and Rumia all stare into a magical ball that sits on a golden stand on Patchouli’s desk. Inside, they see Ail and the goddesses as if they were watching a television. Remilia crosses her arms, nods, then says “that’s impressive, but he still has ways to go before reaching MY level of power.” Sakuya smiles and says “my lady, you are most gracious.” Flandre sticks her tongue out, making as though ready to vomit, then asks “onee-sama, can you taste the crap coming out of your mouth?” Remilia’s mouth opens widely as her eyes hide behind a black shadow, yet continues to stare at Flandre, who casually continues to watch the crystal ball, now showing the entire Moriya Shine, looking as though it’s going through a powerful storm.

To be continued...
Characters, spell cards and scenario belong to ZUN -Team Shanghai Alice-
Ail, Budou, Phredia, Kyo, Luna, Agava, Kimi, and Kali were created by Willie G.R.
Rika was created by Snapshot2010

JAN 17 2010
written by
Willie G.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment